[UPDATE TO FOLLOW TO INCLUDE INSTAGRAM STORIES]
What is it?
According to Wikipedia: Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Each post will show an avatar that visually represents you or your business
- Your business name – your unique ID on Instagram
- Media – primarily image-based, but you can also post a short video, including any commentary or detail you want to share. You can also mention other users by their Instagram ID
- Like (heart) – to show your appreciation of a post
- Comment – directly respond to a post
- Share – a post privately with another user
- Hashtags – a quick way of seeing other posts with the same label added. To be used wisely and not litter and dominate a post
- Toolbar – quick links to other functionality in the app
How do I use it?
You can only view/edit your profile and view others via the desktop app. Uploading and editing of posts is only via the Instagram smartphone app.
Why you should be using it
It’s readily available and accessible to a waiting audience – no matter how specialised your service is. Allows you to showcase your products or services in an exclusively visual way.