What is the Last Friday Club?
Who is it aimed at?
- Freelancers – professional services, digital, creatives, writers etc
- Independent business owners or sole traders/entrepreneurs – for example, if you have a shop or have a pop-up business
Anyone who could benefit from meeting others like themselves to share their ideas, skills and experience to help others grow and develop.
How does it work?
We want to offer something a little more informal than perhaps other local business meetings you’ve attended in the past. We want you to come away from each get together with renewed vigour and purpose for your business by benefitting from the experience of others or just having a second pair of eyes on what you’re currently working on; a different perspective.
We typically have upwards of 20 attendees at each meeting, from varying backgrounds, so you’ll be sure to fit in or find someone/something of interest.
When is the next meetup?
A slightly different meetup for May, as it will be our FIRST birthday! So do come and join us for an informal evening.
- Thursday 25th May – anytime from 5.30pm onwards at The Crate and Apple – where the Last Friday Club was born.
- Friday 30th June – Luckes, North Street
- Friday 28th July – Pallant Restaurant (at Pallant Gallery)
- Friday 25th August – Draper’s Yard, The Hornet
THANK YOU to Marc (and his team) for hosting our April meetup at Attibassi Well organised and the perfect space for our expanding group – the coffee got a resounding 5 star rating.
EVERYONE do show your appreciation for their hospitality by using and recommending them whenever a chance arises. It’s also a great place to work and have a meeting.
We welcomed more NEW MEMBERS too:
- Dave Parsons – Relationship Manager with NatWest
- Jon Rist – a filmmaker and content creator
- Giles Babbidge – photographer, specialising in outdoor/active
- Laura Westmore – Speccy Media – web and digital marketing support
- Daniel Meade – social entrepreneur
- Tim Driver – Maroon Balloon – web design specialist
- Hannah Wales – Fandango Digital – content director
- Jonny Schofield – owner and creator Gnarly Tree®️ ethical clothing company
We discussed tools and apps that make your life and running your business easier – thank you all for your tips and suggestions. These will be up on the Facebook Group in the Files section.